Sunday, January 9, 2011

For Rod Flanagan


The Flanagans! (Sorry Chelsey, I stole this from you)


The Flanagan's are my second family. My Australia family. I love them all very much. They all have a special place in my heart. They took me in as one of their own. It saddens me to say that the afternoon or January 9, 2011 Rod Flanagan passed away. I don't really know what to say. He was an amazing husband, father, hero and friend. He will be missed, but never forgotten and always loved and forever in our hearts.Living on through memories.He was so sweet and looked for the beauty in every aspect of life. I never once heard him complain about being sick or being in pain. He was just an all around lovely person.It makes me think that how can something so heartbreaking happen to such an amazing family, but I know God doesn't give us trials we can't handle and will never leave us empty handed. Though this is one of the hardest trials anyone anywhere goes through, I know the Flangans will get through it. They have so much strength as individuals and as a family.Rod is no longer in pain, but in peace.The pain is great and our hearts are heavy. I know there is not a lot anybody can say right now to ease the pain, but know ya'll (sorry Corey, I know you hate when I say that) are loved. Love you Wendy, Corey, Chelsey, Brody, Hayley and Rod! I'm sending you all my prayers, thoughts, love and support!xxx

1 comment:

  1. That is really sad! Sending my thoughts and prayers their way for sure!

    ReplyDelete