Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adventure is worthwhile...

You may have noticed that in alot of my posts I mention something me about being single or never getting married or anything along those lines really, well lately I think that I might have been bummin' about all that. Ok not just I think..it's definitely I know I have been, especially when I make jokes about being single. Which I have been doing, ALOT...Today I read a quote from Amelia Earhart "Adventure is worthwhile." I completely agree with that. In the last year or so I have been on lots of adventures that I don't think I would have gone if I were not single. These adventures I wouldn't change for anything. While being 20 and single is way weird for someone in Utah, everyone outside of Utah tells me to live my life. I have my whole life to be married or to date.Even though I hate seeing super cute couples everywhere I go an think that "that will never be me" haha. I am ok with it. I am having too much fun, plus we all know Desiree loves to be different so if that means not to get married until I'm 28. so be it. There are so many adventures that I want to go on before I start a new kind of adventure. Maybe getting out of Utah would help? Hmm.. I'm sure it would anyway...Yep. I'm single and ......accepting it:) haha

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wish that I was still single and could do whatever/whenever with my life:) I obviously love my family, but sometimes I miss that freedom, y'know? So I guess the old saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side" applies here. Live it up sister! God has a plan in mind for all of us. And you are still SO young! No need to worry about dating/marriage yet. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude!

    You know, people felt sorry for me that I was in Utah terms "an old maid." But I loved, loved, loved my 20s, and I got to do so many exciting things.

    Don't let the culture/other people ever make you feel like something is wrong with you if you aren't married. You are great! Your life is unfolding for your highest good, and I applaud you for embracing all the seasons in your life.

    ReplyDelete