Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Finally, I made it to Australia!!

Well after the extremely long trip of flying and waiting in an airport, I have made it to my destination of Australia! You have no idea how happy it makes me to say that...The flight is like you are so close, but so far away. Plus the stress of flying stand-by...but I must say it is all worth it and it is only my first day here..well going on to my second. I'm slightly jet lagged, but I expected to be alot more. Anyway..let me begin. On June 21, 2010 I awoke at 3:30am to get ready and finish packing..uh yeah don't worry about it. I went to work with my mom and waited to see if I would be cleared for the flight to LAX...Praise the lord made it! So I get into LAX at about 7:45 and Come to find out I have to leave security to go to different terminal..which sucks but I had nothing better to do...Oh my flight to Sydney didin't leave LAX until 10:32pm that night...Anyway I went and got in line to bet a security pass thing and when I finally get to a ticket agent she looks me up asks for my passport and goes :do you have your visa?" in my head I was like looks like I may not be going to Australia and I was so nervous and I explained that when you look up if you need it visa it says you only need one if you plan on being in a different country for three months....anyway she applied for a visa for me and it took a few tries but it was finally except..that was the most stress I have felt in years, but then soooo much relief...definitely! sooo Then I go through security again and sit and wait and wait and wait and....wait some more...then when it was getting closer and they started boarding and I was cleared I wanted to jump up down and scream with excitment, but hey I'm not going to embarrass myself that much. When I get up to the podium she goes here is your boarding pass you're clear to board and I ungraded you to Business Class...and can i just tell you it was amazing and the flight 1,000,000,000,000 times better I was able to lay down flat and have my own pretty big tv with tv shows, movies, music, plane tracking and you could even listen to what the captain was saying to traffic control...and the meals were freakin BOMB! I loved them...sooo Yummy!It was just really awesome. Even though in the corner of the tv they kept a time tracker and it started out at like 15 hours remaining and one time I fell asleep and I woke up and I was like of I bett we only have like 8 hours or something nope we still had 12!!! haha Ok. So I land in sydney were they make you do a international transfer so I have to go through security again, but they don't make you get naked like in the USA haha and then I have a 2 hours layover in Sydney where I made a friend, who said I was going to freeze for wearing a dress haha...anyway we finally get to board and then captain comes one and says that there is something wrong with the fuel sensor and it needs to be replaced so we sat there for like 45 minutes...Ok So I FINALLY get to Melbourne or should I say Melbun..haha and I have like a 400 mile walk to customs and then like a 0ne mile walk to immigration and then maybe like a 10 yard walk to quarantine where they had a dog attack me...haha jk it was cute and smelled me and my bags and then they are like go through here take a right then a left then a right and walk through the door so..these door are like the automatic sliding doors and right when you walk out there are a TON of people like right in your face behind a rope thing but still close ad I felt way stupid walking out cuz I knew my friend Corey could see me, but I couldn't see him...but at the same time I was like ohh this is kinda sweet...anyway I see Corey pop out of the crowd and we had to walk like 7 miles before i could get pass the rope..so funny...Anyway Ya'll should know that Australia is freakin cool and the Flanagan Family is AMAZING! Seriously:) Ok..Stay tuned for more up dates..if you want. Oh Yes when I landed it was June 23, 2010...Yeah.

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! This sounds freakin sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well next time lets make it a family event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous Desi I have always wanted to go to Australia.

    ReplyDelete